Do you want to listen to the content on the webpage? Press the play button below and use the controls to pause, stop, jump forward or rewind, adjust volume and adjust the reading speed.

2024-06-21 03:25:15

If a company is already designated in another Member State

A power exchange that already has been designated in another Member State and intends to start offering its'- trading services in Sweden must according to Article 4 of the Regulation on Capacity Allocation and Congestion Management notify the Swedish Energy Markets Inspectorate (Ei) two months before commencing operation.

When notifying Ei, the following information must be submitted to the authority

  • Name of the company
  • Address
  • Corporate identification number
  • Telephone number
  • E-mail address
  • Contact person
  • Contact person's position, direct telephone number and e-mail address
  • The country that has designated the company as a power exchange
  • If the company intends to perform both the single day-ahead and intraday coupling, or only one of them.
  • If the company intends to operate in all bidding zones in Sweden, or just in one or a few of the bidding zones.
  • The company shall report which contacts it has had with the Swedish TSO, Affärsverket svenska kraftnät

Applications can be sent via mail to:

E-mail address:

For more information on our contact details please read here